A cat has taken over your house and enslaved you. Congratulations! Besides the basics, like pledging eternal love and devotion to your furry, four-legged overlord while supplying endless treats, snuggles, and skritches, here's a few things first-time cat owners need to know.
1. Keep Litter Boxes Clean
Even if you're lazy about human housework, you've got to step it up when it comes to your cat. Cats are notoriously picky about their litter box. Clean that shit (literally) twice a day. Here's a handy pootorial.
2. Groom Your Kitty
Cats are excellent at keeping themselves clean and spiffy. With their rough tongues acting like little brushes, they bathe and groom themselves with spit. Sounds gross, but it's effective. You will have to do a little work though.
Depending on the length of your cat's fur, hairballs might be a problem. Brushing your cat regularly will prevent loose hair from collecting in the cat's stomach. Brushing also feels amazing - it's a back scratch and massage, all in one! Get ready for some . . .
You Qualify for 10% Subscription Discount
Pay Just $50 for 6 Month Premium Digital Access
- Access grillaras.com on your desktop, mobiles and tablet
- 1 Year company Post archive
- Personalized email briefings and popular internet stories
You might also like
- A health and care centre in Northern Ireland by Hoskins Architects and Keppie Design engages
- Hopkins Architects’ Institute in the Park at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital is designed
- 5 Spectacular Places to Watch the Sunrise and Sunset
- The World’s 6 Most Famous Streets
- 6 Most Beautiful Natural Pools in the World