The Very Best Kid-Friendly Dog Breeds for Your Growing Family
OK, so we know that according to science, kids prefer dogs to siblings. But that doesn’t mean that every type of dog will take the same shine to your kiddo (yeah, that Siberian Husky of your dreams might not be a great fit with the fam). We did our research to find out which dog breeds will make the very best furry companions for your little ones.
Labs are America’s most popular dog breed for a reason: They’re loving, loyal and big-time smarties (which makes them delightfully easy to train).
If Nana from Peter Pan is any indication, these gentle giants are incredibly nurturing and protective.
If your brood is especially active, consider these friendly, diminutive pooches with an insatiable appetite for playtime. (But they can be easygoing when they need to be.)
Nicknamed “Old Faithful,” these regal dogs are always looking out for—and protecting—their owners. And they adore being around people, especially kids.
Exceptionally gentle and well-behaved, these sweet pups can teach your kids a thing or two about mild manners.
Irish . . .
You Qualify for 10% Subscription Discount
Pay Just $50 for 6 Month Premium Digital Access
- Access grillaras.com on your desktop, mobiles and tablet
- 1 Year company Post archive
- Personalized email briefings and popular internet stories
You might also like
- A health and care centre in Northern Ireland by Hoskins Architects and Keppie Design engages
- Hopkins Architects’ Institute in the Park at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital is designed
- 5 Spectacular Places to Watch the Sunrise and Sunset
- The World’s 6 Most Famous Streets
- 6 Most Beautiful Natural Pools in the World